“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

August 22, 2005

Posting: More of a Chore Than I Thought.

When I began this blog, I had the idea to write down my thoughts and observations about the world around me.

When I look at all the other blogs, and the advice about blogs, I feel bad that I don't post here more often. I also wonder what more I could tell you about myself without hurting my friends and family members (or abusing their privacy) ?

Part of the reason I don't post more often is I am currently looking for a new job, while I write and revise stories I'd like to tell for fun and profit. Right now, I don't feel comfortable blogging my adventures in job hunting because it is too emotionally raw for me to write about just now. Perhaps when I finally have a new job under my belt, I will have something to post about.

I think as I become more comfortable and more organized with the writing process, I will post more often than I do now. In the meantime I am working on a short story, a new essay, and a book critique for your perusal.

I'll try to not take myself too seriously, and I'll work harder to update this blog.

ttfn

TAGS: posting, blogging, musing, privacy, update, short, story, essay, critique.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that thought. It is lots of work to maintain a blog. When I began my blog last Spring I thought I'd just check in and jot down my opinions on various subjects every day--well, for a few weeks that was good, but as life has a way of intruding on the best laid plans, I began to skip a day here and there and then a week would go by without a blog, then two weeks and so on. But, I realized recently that I can't do it all. Now my goal is to post once a week. Sometimes I'll manage more, sometimes less, but I'm okay with that.

    You have some great ideas. Just keep writing. Don't worry about whether it makes it to the blog--just write.
    ~Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Thank you for your comments. I'll do as you do-- I'll try to post at least once a week. ;)

    ReplyDelete

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself