“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

August 07, 2006

All Hail the Empire!


One site I feel compelled to visit as often as I can, is the Empire of the Cat— which has been chosen to be “Bookgroup of the Month” by an UK website called, Bookgroup.info.  The “misstress of the ‘empire’”, Elliel, claims she is owned by three cats, hence the name. ;)

When you visit the ‘empire’, you find that it really is an uber-site of and about reading and writing— with emphasis on reading.  Each month there is a online reading club and you have your pick of 3 different books to choose from.  If reading is not your thing, I will look suspiciously at you.  I won’t say anything, but I will look suspiciously at you. :grin:

If reading is not your thing, do not despair.  There is an entertainment club devoted to watching up to 3 movies each month— one on a Friday, one on a Saturday, and a mid-week movie.  Plus there is an entire section devoted to your favorite tv show past and present.

If you love to write for fun or profit, you can sign up to become a Scribe of the Empire.  As a scribe, you are encouraged to submit your writing for feedback, and give feedback to others about their writing submissions.  All forms of writing are welcome. :)

When you visit the Empire of the Cat, there is lots and lots to do and see— you can wax poetic about your favorite author, you can play video games, make new friends, ask old ones to join you. All in all, there is definitely something here for every one.



R E L A T E D   P O S T S :


T A G S : nifty, books, reading, crafts, empire, cats

No comments:

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself