“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

January 13, 2006

Seeing with My Heart

“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

--The Little Prince.

In my heart of hearts, I know that the keys to living include love, compassion, and spirituality.  I feel that I am not as successful as I would like to be expressing love, compassion, and spirituality.  I am ashamed to admit that there have been times in my life where I have behaved in a shallow manner, and rejected being freinds with people based on how they look.  There have been times in my life where I have sat in unforgiving judgement over an individual’s shortcomings.

I have forgotten how to see things with my heart.  I can’t pinpoint exactly when I stopped using my heart as the compass for the choices that I make in life.  Maybe it began at puberty.  May be it began when I was born, I do not know.

I do know that there is an emptiness in my heart, an emptiness in my soul that I can no longer live with.  I feel lost and confused because I do not know where my heart is-- I do not know what is essential.

There is good news, however, I am in a position of power.  Power to discover what my heart is really made of.  Power to be spiritual and to be compassionate.  Power to be loving.

heart compassion love living love essay

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself