“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

January 26, 2006

The Word of the Day, and What I Think It Means...

At a loss about what to post today, I hopped on over to bloggerseeds.blogspot.com for inspiration.  The ‘seed’ that caught my eye is the one about looking at the “Word of the Day” on their site, and thinking about what it means before actually looking it up in the dictionary.  My next post will tell what it actually means, if you haven’t all ready looked it up. :giggle:

‘Bon mot’ is today’s word of the day, and I think it means “good mind,“ which reminds me of the old saying, “Speak no evil.”  One of my lessons growing up was about the importance of “thinking no evil,” and as a result I wouldn’t “speak no evil.”

“Thinking no evil” is certainly one thing that is hard for me to do.  No I don’t sit around thinking of ways to kill or hurt people like a mystery writer, but I do have moments, like everyone else, where I call people names in my mind like jackass, dummy, or jerk-- but I refrain from doing so to their face. :(

I recognize that my ‘evil thinking’ is wrong, and I do take the time to meditate on why I felt it was necessary to think the nasty thoughts at all.  I’ve come to realize that my silent ‘name calling’ is my attempt to control my anger, and is my attempt to control others.  I need to come up with a better way to control my anger-- probably by not becoming angry at all.  :grin: I also need to let go of my desire to control others, and focus on controling myself better. :)

Well I’m off to the dictionary, to see wether or not I’m right.

word dictionary blogger meme spontaneous thoughts.

1 comment:

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself