Curious about how I could get the most out of my blog, I perused “Blogger Buzz” and it’s archives. I came across a post, made back in December 2005, encouraging bloggers to read Darren Rowse’s take on increasing page views on your web blog.
Mr. Rowse’s 11 tips are techniques designed to make your blog post easily accessible to readers/subscribers which encourages readers to return for additional information, while discouraging outright copyright infringement. Plus, these tips also help make the blog more managable, more interactive, and challenges bloggers to write “quality content.”
Most of Mr. Rowse’s 11 techniques seem to be a variation on the same theme— placing permanent links somewhere within the blog post, or on the blog itself. So, it is surprising to discover Mr. Rowse has doubts about enabling links within the blog’s site-feed, which would let feed-subscribers access previous posts from within feed-readers. I can only speculate that his doubts probably stem from his concerns about copyright infringement.  Ultimately, these 11 strategies from Mr. Rowse are a valuable resource for all bloggers.
T A G S : essay, blogging, techniques

No comments:
New comments are not allowed.