Okay, this particular meme can be found at hot links, and this is how it works:
1.Type in your birthday (minus the year) in the search bar at http://wikipedia.org
2.List 4 interesting facts, 4 births, 4 deaths & 4 Holidays that happened on your birthday.
facts
1977 - Close Encounters of the Third Kind opens in theaters.
1981 - Luke and Laura marry on General Hospital; it is the highest-rated hour in daytime television history.
1996 - Mother Teresa receives honorary US citizenship.
2001 - The first Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is released, becoming the second highest grossing film around the world of all time.
births
42 BC - Tiberius, Roman emperor (d. 37)
1836 - David Kalakaua of Hawaii, last king of Hawaii (d. 1891)
1907 - Burgess Meredith, American actor (d. 1997)
1967 - Lisa Bonet, American actress
deaths
1093 - Saint Margaret of Scotland, wife of King Malcolm Canmore
1724 - Jack Sheppard, English burglar (hanged) (b. 1702)
1960 - Clark Gable, American actor (b. 1901)
1981 - William Holden, American actor (b. 1918)
holidays
R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
International Day for Tolerance
Iceland - Dagur íslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
R E L A T E D P O S T S :
Magnificent Memes
Magnificent Memes
T A G S : meme, birthday

Hi Francesca,
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love Wikipedia? I visit at least once a day and when I found out they had a dictionary I almost lost my mind. I can waste hours traveling from one link to the next. The founder of Wikipedia spoke at the University of Florida last week. I didn't find out he was there until after the fact so I only saw the blurb about him on the news. Anyway, just thought I'd drop in to say hi. I hope your writing is going well.
~Quincee
Hi, Quincee!
ReplyDeleteWikipedia is just the coolest! ;)
I saw him on the Charlie Rose Show a couple of months ago. He seems like a nice man. He commented that the popularity of Wikipedia was completely unexpected. :) I'm starting to write more stuff, in fact I found an article in Writers Magazine about writing good personal essays. ;)