“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

August 24, 2013

Screen Shot for broken link:  Original Fiction Mary-Sue Litmus Test

Good evening. 



Here is a screen shot for an old link which I posted on my “Mary-Sue Litmus Test” entry of this blog.  I nabbed it from the Internet Wayback Machine.  The title of this page was, “The Original Fiction Mary Sue Litmus Test.” 

It gave a brief introduction about why you would want to check to see if you’ve created a Mary Sue character, and how to take the litmus test.  After scoring your answers to the questions, your character could be: 

  1. an “anti-sue” —the very antithesis of a Mary Sue. 
  2. a “non-sue” —a well developed balanced person. 
  3. a “borderline-sue” —cutting it close. 
  4. a “mary-sue” —needs work to be believeable (paraphrase). 
  5. an “uber-sue” —might not be salvageable (paraphrase). 
  6. an “irredeemable-sue” —start over (paraphrase). 

If memory serves, I chose to answer the questions using Anita Blake who is an “uber-sue” on the litmus test

No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself