Current Mood: thoughtful
I was just cruising around the net, and I came across this post at Squawk Radio by Teresa Medeiros. In it, Ms. Medeiros talks about how impressed she is with the “Dog Whisperer’s” techniques, and how they might be applied to life.
For a moment, I was confused by rule #7— “The only way to be truly fulfilled is to know your natural order in life.” But after reading the comments, its meaning became more clear to me. Especially after seeing one person describe the meaning of rule #7 (and I’m paraphrasing here) as knowing whether or not you are a leader, or a follower. I am not sure that knowing my “natural order in life” is as simple as that.
My grandparents and my parents spent most of their lives being told that their “natural order in life” is second to that of White Americans. Thank God for Dr. King and Malcolm X.
I think knowing my “natural order in life” means you have to know yourself. You have to know your strengths, your weaknesses, your goals, your dreams and your desires. I also think you would have to know what you are willing to do to achieve those goals, dreams, and desires.
What is my “natural order in life?” I’m still working on that. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment