As you recall in a previous post, today is Blog Day. The theme is to recommend 5 blogs that are completely different from you in culture, attitude, and pov. As I mentioned before, I found this idea over at blogher.com.
My first recommendation is Am I Bugging You Yet? by Vanessa Cardui. Her site is all about her passion for bugs. Me? I hate bugs. I can barely tolerate ’em. I’m with Fox Mulder on this one, squash ’em like grapes!
My second recommendation is Anonymous Lawyer. It is very enteraining and completely horrible at the same time. This blog is definitely completely different from from me—It is written from the POV of a rich man who seems to love torturing anyone who is not him. I’m really glad that it is a fictional story.
Guyana by Neena Maiya is the next recommendation I’d like to make. This young lady describes slices of her life as it happens with a bit of self-effacing humor, and vivid prose. It makes me want to visit Guyana.
My next recommendation is How I am Becoming an Astronaut by Damaris B. Sarria. Each week she documents her steps that she has taken to bring her closer to her goal of becoming an astronaut. When I was younger, I wanted to be an astronaut, now I think I prefer being a writer.
My final recommendation for Blog Day is Hooked on Heat a food blog about Maylaysian and Indian cuisine. Yum!
So there you have it, 5 blogs that are different from me in either POV, attitude or culture. Now, I have a whole year to find 5 all new blogs. :grin:
ttfn
My first recommendation is Am I Bugging You Yet? by Vanessa Cardui. Her site is all about her passion for bugs. Me? I hate bugs. I can barely tolerate ’em. I’m with Fox Mulder on this one, squash ’em like grapes!
My second recommendation is Anonymous Lawyer. It is very enteraining and completely horrible at the same time. This blog is definitely completely different from from me—It is written from the POV of a rich man who seems to love torturing anyone who is not him. I’m really glad that it is a fictional story.
Guyana by Neena Maiya is the next recommendation I’d like to make. This young lady describes slices of her life as it happens with a bit of self-effacing humor, and vivid prose. It makes me want to visit Guyana.
My next recommendation is How I am Becoming an Astronaut by Damaris B. Sarria. Each week she documents her steps that she has taken to bring her closer to her goal of becoming an astronaut. When I was younger, I wanted to be an astronaut, now I think I prefer being a writer.
My final recommendation for Blog Day is Hooked on Heat a food blog about Maylaysian and Indian cuisine. Yum!
So there you have it, 5 blogs that are different from me in either POV, attitude or culture. Now, I have a whole year to find 5 all new blogs. :grin:
ttfn
T A G S : blogging, Blog Day, blogher, bugs, lawyer, Guyana, astronaut, writer, food, recipes, culture, attitude, memes
U P D A T E : 20130821T546PZ-4
Updated and fixed most microformats. “How I Am Becoming an Astronaut” seems to be frozen as of .
Updated and fixed most microformats. “How I Am Becoming an Astronaut” seems to be frozen as of .
U P D A T E : 20130820T324AZ-4
Fixed a missing link in the related posts.
Fixed a missing link in the related posts.
U P D A T E : 20130820T314AZ-4
Changed another deadlink to reflect it’s current status.
Changed another deadlink to reflect it’s current status.
U P D A T E : 20130820T235AZ-4
Changed deadlink to reflect it’s current status.
Changed deadlink to reflect it’s current status.

No comments:
New comments are not allowed.