“Examine what is said, not who speaks.”  —Arabian Proverb

August 09, 2007

Deciding What to Blog About, and My Inhibitions.



I’ve been inspired by a bloggerseeds’ question about how do I decide what to blog about, and what my inhibitions are.  After careful consideration, I must say that I take Mr. Asimov’s to heart, and I blog about those things that I find fascinating.  In that respect, I have a few essays I’m working on to add to my blog.  By the same token, however, I try not to take myself too seriously, and I try to include spontaneous observations as well.  I also add fluffly fillers like and — there’s no point to blogging if you can’t have fun. 

I do have some inhibitions about blogging since it is a public process.  As a result, I try to write my posts as if my mom is going to read them.  In contrast, I have found there are some bloggers who feel that blogging is a completely uninhibited process and as a result they feel you shouldn’t tell anyone that you are blogging, and write as crassly and crudely as you want. 

On a personal level, that kind of blogging isn’t for me.  What is the value of being anonymously obnoxious other than obtaining cheap laughs?  I much rather make a positive contribution to the blogosphere by articulating my thoughts about what I find intriguing in the world— both real and imagined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

twitter updates

    follow me on Twitter
    articulation of my thoughts, my observations, myself